- Professional-Looking Foiling Results
- Ready to Use with the Gemini Junior
- Compatible with Original Gemini (Requires Adaptor Plates - SOLD SEPARATELY)
Designed for use in the UK/EU, not compatible with US plugs and other areas.
Introducing the latest addition to the Gemini family-The Gemini FOILPRESS. This innovative hot foiling machine takes paper and mixed media crafting to an exciting new level. The Gemini FOILPRESS delivers professional-looking foiling results using a hot press technique that ensures crisp, clean images every time. Perfect for stationery, invites, party decorations, home décor, gifts, and so much more. The FOILPRESS works perfectly with a multitude of materials. The size of the Foiling Platform is 7x5”
The FOILPRESS has been designed to work exclusively with the Gemini brand die-cutting and embossing machines and it comes with a Foiling Platform that has been perfectly sized to fit in the Gemini Junior. The FOILPRESS can also be used with the original Gemini machine, but users will need to buy a ‘Top Plate Extender’ to be able to do this. The FOILPRESS is not compatible with the Gemini GO.
How it works
• This is a very brief description but it will outline the basics of how the FOILPRESS works.
• The Gemini FOILPRESS and Gemini Junior/Gemini are used together to create fabulously foiled, and foiled and die-cut designs.
• The FOILPRESS heats up the dies, and the metal shim (when required).
• The dies, foils and ‘sandwich’ combinations for the Gemini Junior are assembled using the Foiling Platform from the FOILPRESS as the base layer for the ‘sandwich’.
• The Foiling Platform is removed from the FOILPRESS Base Station and the ‘sandwich’ will pass through the Gemini Junior/Gemini in exactly the same way as any other ‘sandwich’ you place through it.
Technology and safety features
Professional-standard hot foil letterpress can be achieved in the home with the innovative new hot plate system from Crafter's Companion. Technological advances allow us to offer the only hot plate system which uses a silicone plate, the benefits of which are two-fold; From a safety perspective, the risk of burning yourself is considerably less when using a silicone plate (especially when combined with using the Finger Grips), than it is when using a standard metal plate, and secondly, the silicone plate has a consistent and stable temperature over its entire surface area. This is a huge USP- you won’t need to worry about ‘hot spots’ and ‘cold spots’ when you’re foiling because there will be a consistent edge-to edge heat. You can place the item to be foiled anywhere on the foiling plate and know that it will be perfectly foiled, or you can place several smaller items on the foiling plate and foil them all at the same time. They will all be perfectly foiled regardless of where they were placed on the Foiling Platform.
The Gemini FOILPRESS is extremely simple to use, and each machine comes with a comprehensive instruction manual. It is the only foiling machine to have a temperature control feature. The temperature you select is determined by the material you wish to foil. In addition to this, the FOILPRESS has an LCD timer which counts down the time in both minutes and seconds. An indicator light on the display shows red or green to indicate when the FOILPRESS is ready to use etc. And, in addition to this, the timer has an audio beep- so you don’t have to stand over the machine and watch the timer count down, you’ll hear it. There is a ‘Material Matrix’ within the instruction manual which outlines the timings and temperatures for all applications. The FOILPRESS heats up quickly, meaning that you can start foiling almost immediately.
Safety features are paramount with any process that involves heat, and the FOILPRESS has all areas covered. The FOILPRESS cannot overheat. It has a built in ‘Cool Down’ feature which will activate automatically if the FOILPRESS has been in use over a long period of time. It also has a built in ‘Auto-Shut Off’ feature, meaning that the machine will switch off automatically if it hasn’t been used for 25 minutes. Silicone Finger Grips, a pair of Magnetic Tweezers, and a Silicone Cooling Mat are all included with the FOILPRESS. The Silicone Finger Grips must be worn when handling the Foiling Platform, Metal Shim etc, and the Magnetic Tweezers must be used when picking up and moving the dies once they’re hot. The Silicone Cooling Mat protects your work surface from the metal shims and Foil Stamp Dies after they’ve been used.
The FOILPRESS will foil intricate designs with ease, AND it foils large surface areas too. Perfectly. With no cracking or ‘unfoiled/missed’ areas at all. This is a really exciting feature, and one that has been missing from existing foiling machines.
There are two different types of foil to use with the FOILPRESS -Papercraft Foil Rolls, and Multi-Surface Foil Rolls, making the FOILPRESS THE perfect foiling machine for a whole host of materials including:
300gsm cardstock, 350gsm cardstock, 300gsm pearlescent cardstock, 135gsm vellum, 250gsm mirror cardstock, 250gsm glitter cardstock, 0.15gsm acetate, faux leather, cotton fabric (including denim), satin ribbon, burlap, organza ribbon and chipboard.
Hot foiling with Foil Stamp Dies and Foil Stamp ‘N Cut Dies
Crafter’s Companion has designed two types of dies to work with the FOILPRESS -Foil Stamp Dies, and Foil Stamp ‘N Cut Dies. The Foil Stamp Dies create a foiled and debossed design, and the Foil Stamp ‘N Cut Dies will foil, deboss and die cut with just one pass through the Gemini machine.
The dies are available in a variety of sizes and designs including 5x7” Background Foil Stamps, Frame & Corner Foil Stamps, Sentiments, Swirls, Borders and Icons.
The two types of die have been cast in different colours of metal to make it easy for you to differentiate between them. Foil Stamp Dies are shiny and silver-looking in appearance, and the Foil Stamp ‘N Cut dies have a much darker, matt grey finish. Both types of die are wafer-thin, making them both space-efficient and easy to store.
Creative possibilities and no waste
Both types of foil for the FOILPRESS are available in a variety of colours and finishes, and when you combine this with the knowledge that the FOILPRESS can be used with a vast array of materials, the creative possibilities really are endless. AND, one piece of foil can be used to create TWO projects…The negative foil left over from one project can be used to create another project, leaving no waste foil at all. One of the best examples of this would be to use one of the background Foil Stamp Dies – The Damask design looks fabulous when applied to white pearlescent cardstock using turquoise foil. Both the positive and negative results are amazing.
Foil with :
• Cardstock to create wedding stationery, greetings cards, invitations, journal covers, photo frames and albums, dimensional projects eg boxes, frames, gift bags, wall art, box frames and bunting
• Faux leather – book covers and book marks. Sew the foiled faux-leather to create keyrings, bags, wallets and purses
• Foil with fabric to create unique embellishments, wall-art, personalised keepsakes, decorative items for you home and to give as gifts
• Acetate – clear gift boxes, shaker cards, card backgrounds
• Cellophane bags- treat bags, party favours
• Ribbon – for gifts, wrapping around cakes, embellishing cards and scrapbook pages
• Tissue paper – melt the foiled design into a candle or simply use to create your own decorative giftwrap